We are in need of transitioning to a more sustainable and healthier world, which is a challenge that represents a massive opportunity. The mission of Brightlands Venture Partners is to finance, support and accelerate the growing number of companies and entrepreneurs that will help meet the challenges of such transition.
Since 2004, BVP has been investing in companies to address pressing global challenges in sectors such as renewable chemistry, regenerative medicine and sustainable agriculture. Sustainable investing has been woven in our DNA from the start, treating sustainability and impact as an integral part of our investment process.
We take impact into account in every investment (from investment decision to exit), to make sure we continue investing in world-class startups and entrepreneurs working on a more sustainable and healthier world.
Brightlands Venture Partners operates in line with the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR; Regulation (EU) 2019/2088). The classification of our funds according to the SFDR is as follows:
- BVP Fund IV: Article 9 Fund
- BVP Agrifood Fund: Article 8 Fund
- Chemelot Ventures: Article 8 Fund
- Limburg Ventures: Article 6 Fund
Sustainability related disclosures that are integrated into our investment strategy:
- Responsible Investment Policy: Responsible investment considerations and our methodology
- Pre-contractual Disclosure: Sustainability investment objectives and risks of Fund IV
- PAI statement: Consideration of principle adverse impact indicators in investment decisions
- BVP’s 2022 impact report: First quantified and data-driven impact assessment
- BVP’s initial impact report: First impact assessment