Vacancy for (junior) Investment Manager Agrifood
Who are we?
Brightlands Venture Partners is located in the south of the Netherlands and manages three venture capital funds totaling € 75 mln: Limburg Ventures (founded in 2004), Chemelot Ventures (2014) and Brightlands Agrifood Fund (2017).
The investment focus is on advanced chemicals & materials, regenerative medicine & biomedical materials, diagnostics & analytics and agrifood. Brightlands Agrifood Fund and Chemelot Ventures are in their active investment period. Brightlands Agrifood Fund aims to invest in eight companies in the next four years with a focus on technological innovations in agriculture and food. The three funds invest in companies that fit in the ecosystem of the Brightlands campuses and are backed by cornerstone investors such as DSM Nederland, LIOF, Rabobank and the Province of Limburg. Preparations for a next ‘Fund IV’ are under way, the focus of which will include agrifood as well.
Who are we looking for?
The team is looking for a smart professional who will work primarily for the Brightlands Agrifood Fund and for ‘Fund IV’. He/she will work closely with the Fund Manager of Brightlands Agrifood Fund and is involved in building up and managing (part of) the fund’s portfolio in agrifood. He/she will be an integral part of the Brightlands Venture Partners investment team. The way of working is professional and informal. The offices are located at Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Geleen and Brightlands Greenport Campus in Venlo (Netherlands). Living in the region is desired. In principle, the job is fulltime but part-time is possible, too (min. 0.8 fte).
- Deal sourcing, investment analysis, business intelligence: Scouting and selecting companies for a potential investment by Brightlands Venture Partners; business and investment intelligence in relevant markets; analysis of market segments, investors, investment cases.
- Due diligence and investment: Leading the investment process or assist a colleague in a tandem in deal analysis, deal negotiating, finding co-investors, due diligence, writing an investment proposal for the investment committee and deal closing.
- Portfolio management: Taking a shareholder position or board position (dependent on seniority) at portfolio companies; supporting and advising portfolio companies where relevant for scaling up, such as legal, marketing & business models, technology & IP, partnerships, building competent teams and strategic roadmaps; managing investments towards exit; portfolio reporting to stakeholders.
- Education: Master’s or PhD degree in agricultural sciences, chemistry, physics, bio(techno)logy, engineering; a minor in business or an MBA is a plus.
- Experience: > 5 years of business/commercial work experience in innovative agrifood markets. Less than 5 years experience is also possible in case we see sufficient robustness and potential to develop into an investment manager role in 1-2 years time.
- Expertise: A track record in building organizations and relationships, deal negotiations, investments, licensing and understanding of accounting and valuation, intellectual property and relevant legal aspects is a plus.
- Competences: Broad interest, strong analytical skills, eager to learn, thorough and accurate, flexible and hands on, internationally oriented. Fluency in English (written company language) and Dutch (for connecting to regional parties).
Feel free to reach out to us. Applicants are invited to apply via the following link.